Last year I made New Year Goals for 2015 and I surprisingly stuck with them for the majority of the year, which makes the first year in my life that I have made New Years Goals, written them down and not forgotten about them.
Some of my goals for 2015 included going on a mission trip to Jamaican Deaf Village which you can read Here and here. Training and completing a triathlon while you guys donate money to St Jude Children’s hospital. To read about my triathlon, you can click here and here. Praying continually, which became a struggle after my closest friend passed away. You can read about the struggle in my most recent blog about the tension between grief and prayer. Those are just a few of my goals listed that were completed. For the goals that I didn’t meet, I made them more specific and wrote them down for 2016!
Here is the list:
- Continually clean the kitchen as I use it (This has been a HUGE struggle for me).
- Read one book a month (Last year my goal was to read the books on my shelves– I didn’t even read a book a month, so this year I will).
- Piano Practice: 30 minutes at least 3-4 times a week. (I started piano lessons!)
- Pray 10 minutes a day and say prayers before meals
- Post in my blog at least one time a week.
- Make steps to move forward.
- Complete my Half Marathon and Raise money for St Jude in Ciera’s Honor
- Read through the bible Chronologically when I’m done with Cover to Cover (I’m almost done!)
- Be Mindful
- Spend time with others and develop deeper friendships
- Possibly go back to Jamaica (If funds allow)
In addition to having these goals, I decided to choose a word for this year to focus on and reflect on. My friend and fellow blogger, Lily chooses a word to focus on yearly and her blogs about each word she’s chosen have impacted me. Her most recent blog is about her word for 2016- I encourage you to read it!
My word for this year is: